GPS Trainer Global Positioning System technology is rapidly changing how people find their way around the earth. Whether it is for fun, saving lives, getting there faster, or whatever uses you can dream up, GPS navigation is becoming more common everyday. GPS Trainer will provide a basic understanding of the GPS Fundamentals, Satellites & Design Aspects of GPS Receiver by actually connecting to the Satellite by GPS Antenna.
The Equipment is Useful for Students at B.Tech/B.S. & M.S level in engineering / technical institutes (EC & Telecom) Technical training centers in communication organizations, R&D personal and practicing engineering in research labs and industry.
Experiments that can be performed
Specification & Features
- Understanding concept of GPS
- Establishing Link between GPS Satellite & GPS Trainer
- Measurement of Latitude & Longitude
- To Study Effect of DOP
- Study of HDOP & VDOP
- Analysis of Elevation Azimuth SNR
- Study of PRN code
- Study of Common NMEA Sentence Protocol like, GPGGA, GPGLL, GPGSA, GPGSV, GPRMC, GPVTG
- Study of other GPS NMEA Sentenses like, GPALM, GPGRS, GPGST, GPMSS, GPZDA
- Study of useful Conversion formulas
- Analysis of NMEA 0183 protocols
- Study of UTC data and time
- Channel : 12
- Frequency : L1 C/A
- Position Accuracy : 25 meters CEP without SA
- Velocity Accuracy : 0.1 meters/second, without SA Off
- Time Accuracy : Synchronized to GPS time
- Update rate : 1/sec. (1 PPS) signal
- Receiver Sensitivity : -175 dBW
- Input Voltage : +5VDC
- Current (Avg.) Push Button for Reset : 180 mA
- Serial Communication : 4800 Baud (default)
- Protocol Messenger : NMEA0183V2.2,SIRF binary & RTCMSC -104V 2.0 type 1,2,9
- Maximum Altitude : 18000 meters (60,000 Feet) max.
- Maximum speed : 515 meters/sec. (1000 knots)max.
- Acceleration : 4g. maximum
- Jerk : 20 meters/sec-3 max.
- Time to First Fix PC Interface - RS 232 Port: 45 / 38 / 8sec Cold/Warm/Hot Start
- Operating Temperature : -40° C to +85° C
Other Apparatus Required
- Serial Cable M/F
- Mains lead
- GPS Antenna
- Software CD